Friday, July 14, 2006

Neither Complaining Nor Doing a Damned Thing About It

The weather's been torrid and just getting torrider. We had a storm that flooded The Ditch into the street last Wednesday, then three days of perfect, clear-blue, breezy, cool days. Now everything's in the 90's and next week the temperature's supposed to take the lead over the humidity by Tuesday. And I have yet to crank the A/C. I'm not going to, either. I've got the windows wide, the blinds down, and the tower fan continually blowing against me. The thermostat says it's over eighty in here, but I'm not concerned or bemused. On the contrary, I feel it's doing me an immense good. It may be hot outside, but not so much so as if I were stepping out of dry cool aire into it. Tina upstairs can take up my slack for the power company's sake, but they're not getting it out of me. Now I'm wondering if a couple of space heaters might do the corresponding trick in the winter. Hmm.

No comments: