Friday, April 21, 2006

Blind

Fell asleep reading after work and dreamed of work:
I went to see Tara about something. We work in cubicles, but I met her at the door to an office--hers--which opened outward to the right. I stood on the door side of the doorway (she opposite), and started to tell her something, but forgot what I had to say and said so. She seemed amused. I closed my eyes, said, "I'm so tired," leaned against the doorframe, and slid to a squat. Inside, her desk was at the bottom of a long slope of slick concrete. I said something to the effect of "Meet you at the bottom," and began sliding down on the small of my back, head facing the door, curled in a ball and leaning lightly against the right wall on my shoulder. I was worried about being clipped by a protrusion but couldn't open my eyes. Then I began picking up speed, and I worried out loud that I might crash into the back wall or her desk. I still couldn't get my eyes open. I untucked and suddenly stop sliding. I felt very weak, and could only barely open my eyes. Tara helped me up. I was touched unduly by her assistance, as if she wouldn't have done it for just anyone. I started to support myself, reaching out to a lamp with my right hand, but noticed blearily that not only would it not likely support me, but was too nice to touch like that, its shade being a kind of suede. My sight came back, and I noticed a stereo and CD's and comfortable chairs around a round coffee table. "Nice," I said. "Is this really your office?" "Yes."
When Tara took over from that unbalanced micro-manager Jack (saving both my life and his) she was a horse-faced girl with three-toned hair. But she's grown on me, and somehow she's become attractive. She's always had a decent body, with perky breasts too far apart for a decent cleavage, though that doesn't stop her from wearing v-necks (or me from discreetly looking when she bends over in front of me). I've assiduously avoided fantasizing about her, though my respect for her has made that easy. We get along very well, converse easily. I miss her when she's not there.

1 comment:

rumour said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.