Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I'm Watching Him, But Who's Watching Me?

Seems everyone has been familiarized with Mr. Peeps. I only had to tell Tara. Mary said she's seen him checking out children over in the Easies. Julie told me he's creeped her out ever since she first saw him, long before I ratted him out. He seemed to have spent most of his time today in fiction, and left and returned at least three times. His polo shirt today was yellow. What does this guy do--or not do--to be able to spend his whole day in a library?

Funny thing: He doesn't seem to scope the female employees, of which the library is full. I've seen him glance at Tara and quickly away again, as with either disinterest or caution. How he keeps his eyes off Liz, I don't know. I have a hard time myself. She has a firm round butt, and a firm, long stride with bent arms pumping--like an exercise walker--that makes her high-held breasts bubble. She'll show some cleavage, too, and I can tell by the wrinkling when it closes that she's about my age, or just oversunned. Last week she flashed me her panties, but was cruel as she could be about it, maintaining eye contact with me (we were talking) as she squatted sidesaddle in front of her locker. Oh, to think what I was missing while being a gentleman.

Peeps doesn't watch Dierdre either, from what I can tell. Like Tara, Dierdre's attractiveness has been an acquired taste. At first I just thought she was odd looking--black curly hair, black eyebrows, square jaw and ruddy cheeks. Then she began to resemble a lot of Scottish girls I've met. I still don't think she's pretty, but if I could just see her bounce up the steps a few times a day and watch that small loose bottom jiggle.... I often imagine watching it ripple with the shockwave of my groin banging into it.

Took two fines of over $2 paid entirely in coins, and the first one had only two quarters. On another fine of $2.10 a woman pulls out a wad of bills, peels off two ones, and instead of peeling off another one, says she doesn't have the ten cents and just hands me the two bills. This is someone who hates change and/or can't let go of debt.

Busy day. Scott is off this week, and Tara's at a class, so it's just Julie, Rebecca and me. First thing, I do two registrations before I checked out anything to anyone. Did four or five more. Rebecca and I made a decent dent in the shelving. But why is it, since the inception of the priority labels, that the fiction cart is filling up the fastest?

Once again, as seems par for the course anymore, I pull a book for the pick list that I'd just shelved a few hours before.

No comments: